Sunday, April 22, 2007

JOURNAL LAUNCH: CALL


AN IDEA IN PROGRESS
Ready to send out another journal into the world to witness and holdthe marks made on it by artists, writers, be-ers everywhere.
Its a blank journal.
You may do what you like in it.
Save destroy it.
Or someone else's contribution to it.
If you would like to work on it, leave me a comment here or email me. I'll add you to the list to send out the journal.
* UPDATE
I have to say this:
Part of the aim of this project is to build a group of artists/writier/thinkers who connect deeply, explore ideas or concepts, P.L.A.Y. so please commit to this if you would like that. Lets not surfacely scan each others work. Lets try and understand.
Maybe emails often or. promts and responses. or choose a theme for the entire journal.
you choose.
** UPDATE
Once I have the lst complete, I'll post the group you'll be working with (i've got 2 journals going out now, because there are several people and I want to keep fairly small groups.) meaning you'll know the people involved in the same journal as you intimately.
I'll draw two sets o lots for this.
First one will assign a person to each participant for whom you have to make an art shrine in the journal when you receive it.
Art shrines are basically tributes to a person or object. Its can be as elaborate or simple as you like.
You'll get a name and you'll spend the time till you receive your journal discovering more about them, visiting their website, trying to understand them better and then make them a shrine in the journal when you get it.
So each person will have a layout dedicated to them in the journal.
The other draw will give each participant a diferent name. This is the person to whom you have to pass on the journal after you're done.
Keep the journals for no more than 2 weeks, please.
However, within this time frame feel free to create as much in the journal as you like.
Also, "things happen" to us all and we are unable to fulfill commitments we've made. Should this happen, and should you find at any time that you are unable to work on the journals please pass it on to the person after you even if you have not worked on it. At the end of the list (don't worry, there are very few people per journal) I can send it back to you to fill if you are free then.
Thanks.
***UPDATE: please email me at mahimashresthaATgmailDOTcom with your email and postal address so I can get the lst started and get everybody in touch!!

21 comments:

Jen said...

I would like to be on the list.

Mahima Shrestha said...

very happy to have you doing something on my journal!! :)
will update you as soon as all the spaces fill up. :)

Unknown said...

ME!

I was looking on the travelling journal websites but India wasn't on the list. How sad!

Me! Teacher please me!

Unknown said...

Love is me
chamki

michelle said...

Oh this sounds like a very interesting and fun thing. Can I be on the list. The blog that my commetns link to is only one of my blogs - the "inside my head one" if you will. My other blog is www[dot]smoochdog[dot]com.

MAHIMA said...

simplicity, chamki, you are welcome on the list. :)

michelle said...

THANK YOU! I will wait to hear when to expect the journal or should I check back here for more information?

Chamki said...

Hey,
I want to ask around for the cost of this journal couriering. I hear couriers from India to other countries cost a lot. Is it true?

I'll check online anyway.

MAHIMA said...

i have no idea chamki. should not be that expensive. surabhi just send out one for me by regular post. ask her how much that was. also, DHL is expensive but the best. the rest should be cheaper.

MAHIMA said...

simplicity,
check back here for updates, please. i will send you an email or leave you a comment everytime i update so you can have a look.

Anonymous said...

Wow this sounds fantastic I cannot wait to create a shine for someone else. What a cool idea! Will we get their url as well (for example I know that my url does not show up here becuase I comment as "Other".

MAHIMA said...

michelle!
glad you like the idea of making art shrines for someone else. :)
and yes, you will have the url to the person you're making the shrine for. as well as all other participans in your journal. and there are always emails to help us know each other better. :)

Liquifier said...

Can I be on the list pleeeeese?

MAHIMA said...

piper!
you're welcome to join. :)
have sent email with details.

BendingPeak said...

Sounds like a wonderful idea. I would love to be involved.
~BendingPeak

A said...

Great job! glad to see some innovative projects going on.

Weed said...

is it too late for me to join the list?

x said...

I would like to join this. Sounds fun. ;-)

Willie Baronet said...

Count me in! :-)

Ravi Kumar said...

hey Mahima

Wat a thought process u have. Amazing. Vivid and Lively. I am gonna talk that may sound crap... in this relevance.
I am influenced by ur painting. If u r in mumbai I will like to meet u.... I know its non-sense but thats wat I m. Will come back to see ur response.

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.